SWEET POTATO & BEAN SOUP
- 1 onion, diced
- Knob of butter
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large orange sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400 g tin beans – butter, borlotti, kidney or other tinned bean, drained and rinsed
- 5 ml dried oregano or marjoram
- PEPPADEW® Hot Jalapeño Slices and brine
- Gently cook onion in butter and olive oil until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato, carrots and chicken stock. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Pureé with a stick blender until desired texture and season to taste.
- Add beans and dried herbs. Let Simmer.
- Serve drizzled with a little of the liquid from the Jalapeño Slices jar and PEPPADEW® Hot Jalapeño Slices.