3H 30 minutes
3H 30 minutes
- 45 ml brown sugar
- 5 ml coriander seeds
- 5 ml cumin seeds
- 5 ml BBQ spice
- 1 kg boneless pork shoulder
- 80 ml sticky BBQ sauce
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 12 – 16 PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Cones
- 300 g couscous
- 500 ml vegetable stock, boiling hot
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 baby marrows, grated
- salt and milled black pepper
- 45 ml raisins
- 45 ml flaked almonds, toasted
- 30 ml fresh mixed herbs, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Crush the sugar, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the BBQ spice and mix well.
- Score the meat and rub the spice mixture into the meat.
- Place the pork into a roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 150°C and cover the pork with foil.
- Cook for 2½ – 3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes and then shred the pork using two forks.
- Transfer the pork to a mixing bowl and stir in the BBQ sauce and spring onions.
- Stuff the PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Cones with the pork filling.
- Arrange the PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Cones in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with the Veggie Couscous.
- Place the couscous into a heatproof bowl and pour the hot stock on top. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrot and baby marrows and gently cook for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the couscous and fluff with a fork.
- Season to taste and add the raisins, almonds and herbs.
- Toss to combine.