Great flavour combination, sweet and tangy with tangy nuances that sweep the palate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut the pastry into 2-inch fluted squares or be creative with different shapes for different occasions, and using a sharp knife, gently carve a border 1 cm from the edge, being careful not to cut all the way through, then transfer to the lined baking trays.
- Spread the tapenade on the centre of the squares then crumble over the goats’ cheese, sprinkle over the Sweet Piquanté Peppers and top with a sprig of thyme.
- Brush the sides of the pastry with the beaten egg and transfer to the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly then serve with the basil leaves as a garnish. Can also be served cold.
A firm favourite for canapés or easy appetizers. Replace with GOLDEW® Sweet Peppers Whole or Chopped for no heat.