¾ cup large-diced figs, stems removed
¾ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole
½ cup brandy
4 tbsp butter
1 ½ cups diced onions
1 cup diced celery
400 g pork sausage
1 ½ tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1 ½ cups chicken stock,
1 large egg, beaten
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 whole turkey breast boned and butterflied
3 tbsp butter, melted
- Place the figs, chopped PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and cranberries in a small saucepan and pour in the brandy and ½ cup water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and celery and sauté until softened.
- Add the sausage, crumbling it into small bits with a fork, and sauté, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, until cooked and browned.
- Add the figs, chopped PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and cranberries with the liquid, the chopped rosemary, and pine nuts, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place the stuffing mix in a large bowl. Add the sausage mixture, chicken stock, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place a baking rack on a sheet pan.
- Lay the butterflied turkey breast skin side down on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle the meat with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the stuffing in a ½ -inch-thick layer over the meat, leaving a half-inch border on all sides. Don’t mound the stuffing or the turkey will be difficult to roll.
- Starting at 1 end, roll the turkey like a jelly roll and tuck in any stuffing that tries to escape on the sides. Tie the roast firmly with kitchen twine every 2 inches to make a compact cylinder.
- Place the stuffed turkey breast seam side down on the rack on the sheet pan. Brush with the melted butter, sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, and roast for 1 ¾ to 2 hours.
You can replace the Turkey with Chicken.