Our easy Cheesy Jaffle Snackwich recipe is the ultimate toasted sandwich and comfort food. Filled with cheese, chutney & PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers for loads of flavour.
8 slices bread
100 g butter, softened
100 g mature cheese, sliced
100 g Emmenthal cheese, sliced
200 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices
4 tablespoons chutney
- Butter the bread and place a slice of bread, buttered side down on each side of the open jaffle iron.
- Fill one side with sliced cheeses, and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices, and the other side spread with chutney.
- Sandwich the jaffle iron shut and trim any edges that stick out.
- Place on a gas hob, electric stove top, braai or open fire and toast for a few minutes each side.
- When toasted to your preference, remove from heat, open waffle iron carefully, and serve on plates, with extra napkins!