09 Dec Vegetarian Falafel Wrap
VEGETARIAN FALAFEL WRAP
Try our easy homemade falafel ball recipe to create delicious vegetarian wraps loaded with falafels, fresh salad, PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers & tahini sauce.
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup coriander
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 100 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped or Mild Whole, drained
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of black Pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Tahini to serve
- Make sure the chickpeas and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped or Mild Whole are well dried by patting them with paper towel.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and parsley, and add it to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, baking powder, cumin, coriander, chickpea, flour, and breadcrumbs. Pulse until the mixture comes together when pressed but is still chunky. Do not over-blend.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Form falafel patties and fry until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble the falafel wraps, warm the flatbread, then top with greens, tomato, onion, falafel and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped or Mild Whole.
- Drizzle generously with tahini sauce and serve with a wedge of lemon.