- 400 g seafood, mixed
- 400 g (1 jar) PEPPADEW® Piquanté Pepper and Olive Pasta Sauce
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 250 g mushrooms, white button, sliced
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) parsley, freshly chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 500 g white rice, long grain
- 5 saffron strands
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a paella pan or large deep frying pan.
- Add the onion, mushroom, parsley and spring onion to the pan and sauté for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the saffron strands and mix through well.
- Add the rice and seafood and mix again.
- Add the PEPPADEW® Piquanté Pepper and Olive Pasta Sauce and vegetable stock.
- Season, bring to the boil, cover and reduce the temperature to simmer.
- Cook the seafood rice for 30 -35 minutes or until rice is tender.
Add 150 ml vegetable stock or 150 ml of white wine for extra depth in flavour if necessary.