10 Dec Mexican Corn Salad
MEXICAN CORN SALAD
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- 10 ml castor sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 corn on the cobs, cooked
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 12 PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Halves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30 ml coriander leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper
- Place the vinegar and sugar into a non-metallic bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the onions and coat in the mixture.
- Cover and set aside for at least 15 minutes for the onions to pickle.
- Grill or griddle the corn for 1-2 minutes per side, if desired, for charred edges.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the corn from the cob and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the preserved onions and pickling juice and PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Halves to the remaining ingredients.
- Toss lightly and plate onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves before serving.