EASY BUTTERNUT SALAD
- 1 small butternut, cut into wedges, seeds removed
- 15 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 g quinoa or bulgur wheat, cooked and drained
- 30 ml basil pesto
- 30 ml vinaigrette dressing
- 30 ml fresh mint leaves
- 50 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 50 g pomegranate rubies
- 12 PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Halves
- Reheat the oven to 180°C. Place the butternut wedges into a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the butternut for 35 – 45 minutes, or until cooked.
- Place the quinoa, basil pesto, vinaigrette dressing, mint, spinach leaves and pomegranate rubies into a mixing bowl. Toss lightly to combine.
- Arrange the butternut wedges, PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Halves and the quinoa mixture onto a serving platter. Garnish with extra fresh herbs.
- This makes a lovely vegetarian main dish or a side to grilled meats.