09 Dec Modern BLT Sandwich
MODERN BLT SANDWICH
Our BLT sandwich recipe is a modern twist on an all-time classic. Bacon/Pancetta, lettuce & tomato with a delicious homemade mayo. An easy weekend lunch idea.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 6 rashers pancetta / bacon, cooked
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 little lettuce
- 30 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped
- Sprouts or micro herbs to garnish
For the mayo:
- 150 g mayo
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 50 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- For the mayo, whizz all the ingredients together with a stick blender, and spoon into a bowl.
- To make the sandwich, spread the bread with the PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Pepper mayo, rip up the lettuce and place on top of the mayo, scatter with the diced tomato and crumble over the pancetta / bacon.
- Spoon another dollop of PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Pepper mayo on top, and garnish with sprouts and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers and a good grinding of black pepper.
If you have a jar of PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole or Hot Whole, just chop them up and add to your BLT Sandwich.