10 Dec Lentil Pasta
LENTIL & SWEET PIQUANTÉ PEPPER PASTA
- 500 g shell pasta, cooked
- 200 g (1 Large) Aubergine, sliced and grilled
- 80 g Pine kernels
- 2 Tbsp Basil pesto
- 200 g Celery, sliced (2 sticks)
- 220 g Brown lentils, cooked or 1 tin, drained
- 400 g (1 jar) PEPPADEW® Piquanté Pepper and Garlic pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a sauce pan heat the oil and brown the pine kernels.
- Add the celery and saute for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the PEPPADEW® Piquanté Pepper and Garlic pasta sauce, grilled aubergine, lentils and seasoning and stir through.
- Add the pasta shells and stir well.
- Serve hot with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
To gratinate the dish: Place in an oven dish, grate extra cheese over and put under the grill until a crust or crisp surface forms. Serve immediately.