10 Dec Hearty Vegetable Lasagna
HEARTY VEGETABLE LASAGNA
- 800 g (6 1/2 cups) mixed roasted vegetables
- 1 lt (4 cups) béchamel sauce
- 1,2 kg (3 jars) PEPPADEW® Piquanté Pepper and Olive Pasta Sauce
- 9-12 spinach lasagna sheets (depending on the size of the dish)
- 120 g (1/2 cup) cheddar cheese
- 120 g (1/2 cup) mozzarella cheese
- 120 g (1/2 cup) gruyere Cheese
- 75 ml (5 Tbsp) butter, unsalted
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) all purpose white flour, unsalted
- 1 lt (4 cups) milk, heated
- 10 ml (2 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) nutmeg, ground
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix the PEPPADEW® Piquanté Pepper and Olive Pasta Sauce into the roasted vegetables
- Layer the lasagna in an ovenproof dish by starting with the Béchamel sauce, followed by a lasagna sheet layer, a vegetable layer and the Béchamel sauce again.
- Repeat until the dish is full; ending with the Béchamel sauce
- Top with grated cheese and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until pasta is cooked
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and mix well to make a roux.
- Cook the roux on medium heat until golden in colour.
- Add the heated milk into the saucepan one cup at a time, stirring well.
- Allow sauce to boil up and thicken whilst stirring continuously.
- Add the nutmeg and stir, then set aside until needed.