10 Dec Easy Spring Rolls
EASY SPRING ROLLS
- 10 ml (2 tsp) olive oil
- 300 g cabbage-based stir fry vegetable mix
- 10 ml (2 tsp) soy sauce
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 12 PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Cones
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil, for frying
- Plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce
- Pickled ginger
- Heat the olive oil in a wide pan or wok.
- Fry the stir fry vegetable mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bean sprouts, coriander and pickled ginger.
- Transfer the mixture to a colander and allow the mixture to drain any excess liquid and cool completely. Once cold, stuff the PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Cones with the stir fry mixture.
- Place a PEPPADEW® Jalapeño Cone onto a spring roll wrapper and roll up, sealing the end with a little egg wash.
- Repeat with the remaining spring rolls.
- Heat the oil in a pot or deep fat fryer.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the spring rolls, in batches, for 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain the spring rolls on paper towel and serve with plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce and pickled ginger.
Serve with plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce and pickled ginger