10 Dec Crumbed Jalapeño Pops
CRUMBED JALAPEÑO POPS
- Place the cream cheese, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and paprika into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Stuff the PEPPADEW® Jalapeño cones with the filling mixture.
- Place the flour onto a plate, the beaten eggs into a bowl and the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl.
- Dip each Jalapeño pop into the flour and shake off any excess.
- Then dip into the egg to cover and finally, into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with all of the pops and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pot or deep fat fryer. Once the oil is hot, fry the poppers, in batches, for 2-4 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Drain the pops on paper towel and serve with tomato relish or a sweet chutney.
When serving at a party, serve the pops on a bed of vegetable spaghetti in cocktail glasses or jars.