10 Dec Cannelloni
- 16 Cannelloni tubes
- 250 g Spinach leaves, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 500 g Chicken breast, raw and cut into small cubes no bigger than 1cm by 1cm
- 250 ml Chicken stock
- 400 g (1 jar) PEPPADEW® Green Pepper and Garlic pasta sauce
- 200 g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 250 ml Béchamel sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- In a sauce pan heat the oil and brown the chicken cubes.
- Add the cayenne pepper and seasoning.
- Add the spinach leaves, stock and PEPPADEW® green pepper and garlic pasta sauce. Stir through.
- Add the feta cheese and fold in.
- Cover the bottom of an ovenproof dish with half the Béchamel sauce.
- Spoon the chicken, pasta sauce, feta, spinach mixture into the cannelloni tubes and line them up in the dish.
- Pour whatever remains of the mixture over the dish and top off with the remaining Béchamel sauce.
- Top with grated Cheddar cheese and bake at 190°C for 30 – 40 minutes until pasta is cooked and cheese is golden and melted.
Replace the chicken with cooked brown lentils for a vegetarian option