10 Dec Braai’d Mielies
- Pull the husks of the mielies downwards to the base. Twist the husks and place in a bowl of cold water (this is to prevent the husks from catching alight).
- Place the mielies over hot coals, on the braai/BBQ.
- Turn the mielies every 2-3 minutes once they have started to soften and have a slight char. Repeat this process until the mielies are completely cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the mielies from the braai and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter with the PEPPADEW® Mild Chunky Vegetable Atchar , followed by the fresh thyme leaves, lime juice and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the mielies on a serving platter and add a dollop of Atchar butter to each mielie.
- Scatter with additional fresh thyme leaves just before serving.
For an added twist, substitute half of the PEPPADEW® Mild Vegetable Atchar with Piquanté Peppers with PEPPADEW® Mild Mango Atchar with Piquanté Pepper.