Available at Pick n Pay, Checkers, Spar, Makro
Submitted by: Tessa Martyn
300g cake flour
150g fine maize meal
80ml olive oil
20ml olive oil to drizzle over bread
500ml (2 cups luke warm water)
5g dry yeast
4 drops Peppadew® piquanté Pepper splash-on sauce
½ tsp salt
½ bunch African wild spinach (or everyday spinach)
1 cup (130g) Peppadew® whole piquanté peppers HOT (shredded)
Salt to crush over bread
1. Dissolve yeast in luke warm water with the sugar or use as instructed in the packet with the sugar until it resembles a creamy consistency. In a clean bowl sift together flour and maize meal.
2. Mix water with the dissolved yeast, honey, splash-on sauce, salt and oil pour over the flour. Knead for about 10min taking care not to over knead. Knead in ½ chopped African spinach until dough should just stretch.
3. Divide the dough into 2 balls to make 2 focaccia. Dust a baking tray with flour and press in the dough. Put a kitchen towel over the pans and let the dough rise in a warm place until it is roughly twice its original size, about 35 to 40 minutes.
4. Flatten the bread and then roughly press the shredded piquanté peppers, chopped coriander and the remaining spinach into the bread.
5. Crush some salt over the flattened bread, brush with the oil and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30min or until golden brown.
6. Remove from the pan and cool on the racks, serve with Bloody Mary a la Peppadew.
Complete the fields below to e-mail this recipe to yourself or a friend.
Looking for a quick recipe for a particular meal? Simply select from the list above for some really exciting recipes and suggestions on how to use our products as ingredients for some great meals and snacks.
|Looking for a quick recipe for a particular meal? Simply select the meal time above for some really exciting recipes and suggestions.|
Submit your own Peppadew recipe here and see if you can make the top 10!
Submit my recipe